Recipe by Buster's friend
I love mango pudding - the most delicious ending to a wonderful Thai dinner. Cool & refreshing & satisfying. Adapted from Taste of Thai. Use a fresh mango if you can get it - good ones are sporadic around here so I make do with canned.
- 2 cups mangoes, canned
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend 1 1/2 cups mango in blender. Reserve remaining 1/2 cup.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium sauce pan (non-aluminum).
- Add eggs and Coconut Milk and beat until well mixed. Cook over a medium heat, whisking constantly until pudding thickens. If lumps start to form, turn heat to low, and whisk vigorously until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Gently stir blended mango into pudding. Pour into small custard cups or decorative bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cool. Option: Decorate with toasted coconut & reserved mango before serving -- or just eat them remaining 1/2 cup of mango by your bad self.