Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everyday with Rachael Ray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the coriander, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes, scraping up any browned bits; transfer to a plate. Add the coconut milk to the skillet, increase the heat and boil to reduce by half, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the mango and cook until warmed through. Return the chicken to the skillet, toss and remove from the heat; season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, simmer the black beans over low heat. Stir in the lime juice and 3 tablespoons mint.
- Divide the beans among 4 plates. Top with the chicken and remaining mint.
I will be the first to review this but I guarantee, not the last! This recipie was so fantastic!! It was such an exciting and flavorful meal to eat!! My kids loved it!! I used a whole can of coconut milk and the juice of two limes in the beans, made rice and we ate it all together- YUM YUM. I will say that this is something you should prep well before cooking b/c everything gets thrown together quickly and to me, mango is a pain to cut up .. maybe I will try the canned mango next time! All in all a definate keeper!! Oh also - these directions say to transfer the chicken to a bowl but don't tell you what to do with the broth.. I left it in the skillet to add with the milk and it came out perfect!