Recipe by Lee_tah
From my mother-in-law. If you don't have coconut milk you can use 2/3 cup hot water and 3 Tbsp coconut milk powder. You can also use fresh mango instead of canned.(Add it just before serving, as it is very delicate.)
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄3 cups canned mango, slices
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 2⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry chicken until golden; set aside.
- Fry onion, garlic and ginger about 5 minutes.
- Combine coconut milk, chicken bouillon and corn starch. Add to the onion mixture. Add chicken back to the pan. Bring to the boil, stirring until it thickens. Stir in mango slices or fresh mango.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- If desired, serve on a bed of jasmine rice.