This is a tropical twist on a recipe I found in a magazine. I used one 11 oz can of mandarin oranges, but you can adjust how much you use to your own tastes. You can also use Vanilla instant pudding, and 1 - 2 tsp of coconut extract. You can easily double the recipe if your dessert glasses are taller.
- Pour milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 min or until well blended.
- Spoon half of the pudding evenly into 4 dessert glasses, and drop a few mandarin orange slices into the pudding.
- Let pudding set for 5-10 minutes.
- Cover with few mandarin slices, touching the edge of glass.
- Top orange slices with a spoonful of sheredded coconut, rest of pudding, then the rest of coconut.
- There is no set amount for each serving, just divide the layers evenly for four servings. You can also get creative with your ingredients -- like substituting bananas for the oranges. I think two average-sized bananas would work.