Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Barfoot Contessa...Wanted to put this here for safe keeping as I think these would be great for Christmas
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter, to grease pans
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Thoroughly butter and flour the madeleine pans.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla on medium speed for 3 minutes, or until light yellow and fluffy. Add 1/4 pound of the butter and mix. Sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt, and stir into the batter with a rubber spatula. Stir in the coconut.
- With a soup spoon, drip the batter into the pans, filling each shell almost full. Bake the madeleines for 10 to 12 minutes, until they spring back when pressed. Tap the madeleines out onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper and allow to cool. Dust with confectioners sugar, if desired.
Good, the coconut flavor is not overpowering, I think its used primarily for texture. Best to be eaten same day and/or place in a VERY tight lid container. I ate one the next day and it was a little tough.