Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I don't know where this originated but my friend sent this to me and it is a sure winner!
Make and share this Coconut Macdamia Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Place the butter in an 8-in square glass pan.
- Cover and microwave on high until melted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Press firmly onto the bottom of the dish.
- Cover and microwave on high 1-1/2 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup coconut, sweetened condensed milk and nuts.
- Spoon over the crust.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 1 minute.
- Rotate dish a half turn and microwave 1 minute more until heated through.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine chips and shortening.
- Microwave uncovered about 1 minute, check to see if the chocolate is melting smoothly, you may need to melt an additional 30-45 seconds.
- Quickly pour over the coconut mixture Spread evenly.
- Toast remaining coconut if desired sprinkle over the top.
- Cool completely.
These are soooo easy to make. Everyone that I shared these with loved them...Thanks for a great quick dessert recipe worthy of guests.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!Very rich, can't eat just one. The guys I served these to all told me they loved me and could they have another. My only questions is what to do with the rest of the condensed milk. Very very easy and well worth the effort.
Well, Cher, you should just be ashamed of yourself! ;) These incredibly rich little bars just really pack a whollop! Decadently rich and delicious! A special sweet-treat for a summer's evening. I used semi-sweet chocolate bits in place of the white chocolate, and made no other changes. I have never made a dessert in the microwave before and I found this recipe to be more simple than pie ;) Thanks for sharing yet another fantastic recipe!!