Yummy Yummy treat for coconut and chocolate fans taken from the Family Circle cookery encyclopedia. I like the addition of the rind in this one.
- Preheat oven to 160°C Line a big tray with baking paper.
- Place egg whites in a bowl and beat with an electric beater until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar slowly and continue beating till mixture appears thick and shiny and the sugar is completely dissovled.
- Add the grated rind and beat till it is just mixed.
- Add the coconut and the cornflour and stir with a metal spoon till they are just incorporated well into the mixture.
- (DO not stir too much) Drop one heaped teaspoonful of the mixture onto the tray about 3-4 cms from each other and bake on the top shelf for 15-20 minutes or till the top is light golden in colour.
- Cool macaroons and then dip half into the melted chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving.