1/3 Photos of Coconut Macaroons With a Chocolate Topping
Girl from India's Note:
Yummy Yummy treat for coconut and chocolate fans taken from the Family Circle cookery encyclopedia. I like the addition of the rind in this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C Line a big tray with baking paper.
- 2Place egg whites in a bowl and beat with an electric beater until soft peaks form.
- 3Add the sugar slowly and continue beating till mixture appears thick and shiny and the sugar is completely dissovled.
- 4Add the grated rind and beat till it is just mixed.
- 5Add the coconut and the cornflour and stir with a metal spoon till they are just incorporated well into the mixture.
- 6(DO not stir too much) Drop one heaped teaspoonful of the mixture onto the tray about 3-4 cms from each other and bake on the top shelf for 15-20 minutes or till the top is light golden in colour.
- 7Cool macaroons and then dip half into the melted chocolate.
- 8Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Macaroons With a Chocolate Topping
Serving Size: 1 (746 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.8
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 15.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g