Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Big Daddy's D's Low Carb.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (quick pack 0 or 8 net carbs or 1/4 tsp sweetzfree)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut (10 net carbs)
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal (6 net carbs)
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- In a food processor, pulverize the coconut. If you don't have a food processor, you can skip this step but the cookies will have a bit different of a texture.
- In mixing bowl beat egg whites, vanilla, and sweetener on medium until it makes peaks (tips stand straight up). A wisk attachment on your mixture will work wonders. If you beat it too hard or long you may break down the egg whites and not get it to peak. If this happens don't despair, as long as its frothy, it should work.
- By hand, gently fold in ground coconut and almond meal. Do not mix any more than necessary to wet your dry ingredients.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.