Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from Eagle Brand.
Make and share this Coconut Macaroons or Macaroon Kisses recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white, whipped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 14 ounces flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil grease and flour foil.
- In bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet. Lightly flatten each wit ha spoon.
- Bake 15-17 minutes. Remove from pan (if you let them cool on pan they will stick).
- To make macaroon kisses Prepare as directed and press a solid milk chocolate candy piece in the center of each cookie while still hot.
excellant recipe, easy to whip up and put in the oven. i did grease the foil but forgot to flour it so that made it quite a challenge to peel them off when they were done, so don't forget to flour, its important!! however, once i did manage to peel them off they were fantastic and my DH just went crazy for them! i did use sweetened coconut flakes but for my taste that made them too sweet but for my husband they were perfect. thanks for a great recipe!
These were great! I had never made coconut macaroons before. The first batch burned a little, so I changed to baking them for only 13 minutes and they came out perfectly. Thanks for a keeper!
These are great! I halved the recipe because I only had one can of condensed milk. I also added a bit more coconut to make the mixture a bit stiffer to work with. Mounded walnut sized spoonfuls onto silpat mats and formed them into pyramids with a bench scraper. Baked a bit longer till the bases turned light golden. Cooled then dipped the very tip of the pyramid into melted chocolate. Thanks for sharing Lucky Wife. I'll be making this one again.