Recipe by Tante B
These are the ONLY Macaroons I like! - my family (we're a large one)could go thru 400 easy!I've been making them for about 15 years & the recipe came from Classic Kosher Cooking.
Top Review by BYUMar
Amazing!!! I love these macaroons. I could eat a whole batch by myself. I dipped the bottom of the cookies in chocolate and it was fantastic (though I'm not sure this is Kosher, I'm not Jewish). They were way easy to make but I used vanilla extract instead of vanilla sugar and I used corn starch instead of potato starch (once again, probably not Kosher). This is the only recipe for coconut macaroons anyone needs.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 packets vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites& lemon juice till frothy.
- Gradually add sugar& vanilla sugar& beat till stiff.
- Carefully fold in honey, potato starch& coconut.
- Drop from tablespoon onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 325° oven for 20 minutes till edges are light brown.