Recipe by Sparkmonkey
From Self Magazine. Oats replace part of the coconut to make this lowfat yet still satisfying.
- Pam cooking spray
- 10 egg whites
- 2 cups unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 2 cups plain quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 3 baking sheets with Pam; set aside.
- Stir egg whites, coconut, oats, vanilla, sugar, and salt in a bowl until well blended.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets, half an inch apart. Bake macaroons until light golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Place morsels and butter into a glass bowl. Microwave on high until chocolate melts completely- 40 to 50 seconds. Dip a spoon into the melted chocolate and drizzle over cookies in a zigzag pattern.
- Cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.