Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Self Magazine. Oats replace part of the coconut to make this lowfat yet still satisfying.
Make and share this Coconut Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 3 baking sheets with Pam; set aside.
- Stir egg whites, coconut, oats, vanilla, sugar, and salt in a bowl until well blended.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets, half an inch apart. Bake macaroons until light golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Place morsels and butter into a glass bowl. Microwave on high until chocolate melts completely- 40 to 50 seconds. Dip a spoon into the melted chocolate and drizzle over cookies in a zigzag pattern.
- Cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.