Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
So I found this recipe on allrecipes but I had to tweek it quite a bit to perfect them, so now its mine :) and on a side note the yield is an approximation... some folks may have more and some less; and also the prep time doesn't include the 2 hour refridgeration. Also, the type of coconut used in this is entirely upto your preference. I like to mix half sweetened and half unsweetened because I feel like using all unsweetened isn't sweet enough, and using all sweetened is way too sweet... So again, it's entirely upto you.
- 4 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened, or both, whatever you prefer)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix all of the above ingrediants together in a bowl. Make sure all of the coconut is coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refridgerate the mixture for at least 2 hours. (You may even refridgerate the mixture overnight.).
- After the 2 or more hours are up and you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with wax/parchment paper and coat it with non-stick baking spray.
- Take about 1 to 2 tablespoons worth of the coconut mixture and form balls out of them with your hands, but make sure to SQUEEZE and roll them into balls because that will keep them firm and prevent them from breaking and spreading out while baking.
- Bake for approximatley 15 to 20 minutes at 325 degrees until they are light brown on the edges.
- Cool them on the tray for about two minutes then remove.
- Be sure to store them in a cool and covered place.