So I found this recipe on allrecipes but I had to tweek it quite a bit to perfect them, so now its mine :) and on a side note the yield is an approximation... some folks may have more and some less; and also the prep time doesn't include the 2 hour refridgeration. Also, the type of coconut used in this is entirely upto your preference. I like to mix half sweetened and half unsweetened because I feel like using all unsweetened isn't sweet enough, and using all sweetened is way too sweet... So again, it's entirely upto you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all of the above ingrediants together in a bowl. Make sure all of the coconut is coated.
- 2Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refridgerate the mixture for at least 2 hours. (You may even refridgerate the mixture overnight.).
- 3After the 2 or more hours are up and you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with wax/parchment paper and coat it with non-stick baking spray.
- 4Take about 1 to 2 tablespoons worth of the coconut mixture and form balls out of them with your hands, but make sure to SQUEEZE and roll them into balls because that will keep them firm and prevent them from breaking and spreading out while baking.
- 5Bake for approximatley 15 to 20 minutes at 325 degrees until they are light brown on the edges.
- 6Cool them on the tray for about two minutes then remove.
- 7Be sure to store them in a cool and covered place.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (821 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.2
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 66.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g