Recipe by Wendelina
Simple recipe that makes soft drop macaroons
Top Review by GinaJohnson
These are excellent! DH can't have any milk products, so the ones with condensed milk are not an option, but he LOVES macaroons. I whipped the egg whites to a meringue, adding the sugar and flavoring as it whipped up. You can space these fairly close together on the cookie sheets, as they don't spread much. I recommend baking as many as you can at one time because the batter starts to deflate if you wait. I also omitted the nuts, but I'm sure they'd be yummy! I had to increase baking time by about 5 minutes. INCREDIBLY good cookies!
- 4 egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour, sifted
- 2 2⁄3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Beat egg whites for 1 minute on high speed.
- Add sugar and beat 1 minute.
- Add almond extract and beat 1 minute.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until outside of cookie is golden brown.