Recipe by Samar
"These macaroons are simple and easy to make and a treat for Kids or Party. Amazing it doesn't even use any kind of fat."
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (grounded)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pink food coloring (or enough to give desired color) or 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring (or enough to give desired color)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites in a mixing bowl until they are stiff but not dry.
- Mix salt and flour in egg whites.
- Fill a large pot or another bowl(bigger than mixing bowl)with hot water.
- Immerse the mixing bowl in the hot water while mixing the sugar in.(Remove hot water after mixing sugar).
- Fold in vanilla, food color and coconut.(if batter is not stiff add some more coconut).
- Put the batter in frezeer for 10min.
- use small cookie scoop drop onto greased tray and with your fingers shape the top like a cone.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for about 30-45 min or until the top of the macaroons start turing light golden in color.