Recipe by Polly_Waffle_Kid
Another recipe that I stole from a children's cookbook that I received awhile ago. Another recipe that I have posted on here calls for coconut macaroons, and it makes the recipe a whole lot tastier if you have made them yourself and not bought them from the store. Please Note: The macaroons will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut essence
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, sifted
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 160c. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the egg whites into a small, clean, dry mixing bowl. Beat the egg whites with an electric beaters until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sugar gradually, beating constantly until the mixture is thick and glossy and all the sugar has dissolved.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and fold in the coconut essence, cornflour and coconut with a large metal spoon.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the lined baking trays, about 5cm apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the macaroons are lightly golden. Allow the macaroons to cool on the tray before serving.