Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄3 cups bakers angel flake coconut
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine coconut, sugar, flour & salt in mixing bowl.
- Stir in egg whites & almond extract; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Garnish with candied cherry halves, if desired.
- Bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes, or until edges of cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheets immediately.
everyone loved these, much better than previous recipes i've used that call for condensed milk which i find way too sweet. they were a breeze to prepare - perfect addition to christmas baking list as they freeze well and travel well.
Wonderfully easy to make and they taste great. Very nice to satisfy that sudden attack of the sweet tooth pangs! Pop half a cherry on the top prior to baking then drizzle a little semi-sweet chocolate when they are cooled for an even more powerful snack attack chaser.
Very easy to make and came out great.