Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are some yummy cookies that my mom was able to get the recipe for from a cafeteria in Provo Utah. We were there for a wedding of a family member, and went to go get some cookies, and these were one of them. These are the best macaroons I have ever had, and you honestly can get a tummy ache if you eat too many. They are rich and satisfying, and wonderful with a cold tall glass of milk. You can also add a tsp of almond extract, if you like.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 18 raw almonds, optional but recommended (optional)
- Mix the first four ingredients on low speed for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stop and scrape bowl down, and mix again on low for another minute. Dough will be thick.
- Put a scoop on greased baking sheet, press down with the back of a spoon, and place one almond on top in the middle.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown.
The best cookie from a mix I've had. Not much for almonds so put candied cherries on. Thanks for sharing.
These are the very best coconut macaroons ever. My family literally attacked them and a double batch was gone in days. I now have to make another double batch. That are just outstanding. Thank you and Happy Holidays