Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from Novartis "Tastes of the World" Diversity Cookbook
- 1 1⁄3 cups coconut
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix coconut, sugar, flour and salt.
- Stir in egg whites and almond extract.
- Drop from teaspoon onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove immediately.
these were too almondy and they had kind of a strange texture. I will not make these again
I followed the recipe as written and was delighted. I've never made macaroons but they are very easy. It's a very wet dough. I used a 18/8 cookie scoop and got 11 beautiful cookies. Lastly, I used parchment paper. Thanks for posting!
The quintessential macaroon. They're like fluffy coconut clouds on the inside, crunchy and sweet on the outside. Exactly what I was searching for! I did use 1 3/4 cups coconut instead just to use up the last of the bag and am glad I did. Next time I might drizzle some dark chocolate over the top for a change, but this macaroon really doesn't need any extra flavor.