Recipe by Evie*
Top Review by Bergy
I can see why this is a favorite, excellent recipe. I cut the sugar back to 8 ozs and used unsweetened, medium coconut. Don't do what I did! I used lightly greased floured Foil on the cookie sheet and Uh Oh It was a little tought getting them off. On a solid cookie sheet it would have been no problem, Thanks Eve
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix coconut, sugar and egg whites together in a saucepan.
- Heat gently, stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture is warm but NOT hot.
- Remove from heat and leave until cold.
- Divide mixture into 18 mounds, setting them down on greased, floured baking trays.
- Top each mound with a half glace cherry.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350F until pale golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.