Recipe by CookingMonster
I used splenda in this recipe. DONOT use unsweetened coconut. This is a wonderful recipe. turned out really nice. I put this on a Christmas Cookie tray, for the diabetics. I can't remember how many cookies I got out of the recipe, so that is a guess, but it is close.
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups grated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Continue beating, adding the sugar substitute.
- Fold in the almond extract.
- Then fold in the grated coconut.
- Mixture will be stiff.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove macaroons to a wire rack to cool. Cookies will be 1" in diameter.