1/1 Photo of Coconut Macaroon Cookies
Every time I make this cookie, I think of my Grandpa. It was his favorite cookie. He loved anything with coconut. I think I got this recipe out of an old church cookbook. I have made this cookie for nearly 30 years. I'm not sure of the amount of cookies this recipe makes. I never really count them. I think I can get about 3 dozen. It all depends on how much cookie dough you drop off of your spoon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream Crisco shortening, butter, both sugars, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well.
- 3Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- 4Stir in oats and coconut.
- 5Drop by teaspoonfuls on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- 6Bake about 9 to 10 minutes.
- 7Remove cookies from baking sheet.
- 8Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Macaroon Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.8
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 84.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g