Recipe by Rita~
Macaroon cookies are small and dainty. But not these they are over 3 inches in diameter and loaded with of coconut. Try this treat! golden crispy on the outside, white and chewy on the inside. Store the macaroons in an airtight container. Do not refrigerate or freeze macaroons.
- 3 tablespoons cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 extra large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment or brown paper. Line cooling racks with damp towels.
- Mix the flour and salt together and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high until soft peaks begin to form, about 3 minutes. While the mixer is still running, gradually add the sugar,a tablespoon at a time, and continue beating until the mixture stands up in stiff glossy peaks, about 5 minutes of beating in all.
- Lower the speed of the mixer to low and blend in the flour mixture and the vanilla, almond, and coconut extracts. Do not overmix the batter.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in the coconut.
- Drop the batter by heaping Tablespoons onto the lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies just until they are golden and set, about 15 minutes.
- Slide the paper liners, still with the macaroons attached to them, to the lined cooling racks. Let cookies cool completely, then carefully peel away the paper.