1/2 Photos of Coconut Macaroon Cookie Recipe
Macaroon cookies are small and dainty. But not these they are over 3 inches in diameter and loaded with of coconut. Try this treat! golden crispy on the outside, white and chewy on the inside. Store the macaroons in an airtight container. Do not refrigerate or freeze macaroons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment or brown paper. Line cooling racks with damp towels.
- 2Mix the flour and salt together and set aside.
- 3Beat the egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high until soft peaks begin to form, about 3 minutes. While the mixer is still running, gradually add the sugar,a tablespoon at a time, and continue beating until the mixture stands up in stiff glossy peaks, about 5 minutes of beating in all.
- 4Lower the speed of the mixer to low and blend in the flour mixture and the vanilla, almond, and coconut extracts. Do not overmix the batter.
- 5Using a rubber spatula fold in the coconut.
- 6Drop the batter by heaping Tablespoons onto the lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- 7Bake the cookies just until they are golden and set, about 15 minutes.
- 8Slide the paper liners, still with the macaroons attached to them, to the lined cooling racks. Let cookies cool completely, then carefully peel away the paper.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Macaroon Cookie Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 46.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g