Recipe by Lainey39
A delicious sweet treat for breakfast or any time of day.
Top Review by Debbwl
What a nice sweet start to the day, close your eyes, add a gentle warm breeze and you will transported to the Islands. The coconut and macadamia nuts are the prefect crunchy crust for the soft sweet Hawaiian bread. Made as written. Thanks so much for the post.
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 (1 inch) thick center slices king's Hawaiian sweet bread, cut in half
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- maple syrup
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut, cornflake crumbs and macadamia nuts in shallow dish; set aside.
- Mix eggs and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- Grease with oil or cooking spray.
- Dip (do not soak) bread slices in egg mixture, one or two at a time, coating both sides evenly.
- Press one side of dipped bread into coconut mixture.
- Cook coconut side of bread first until golden brown, taking care not to scorch coconut.
- Turn; cook other side until golden brown and egg is set.
- Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Serve with warm maple syrup or whipped cream, if desired.