Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious sweet treat for breakfast or any time of day.
Make and share this Coconut Macadamia Nut French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Combine coconut, cornflake crumbs and macadamia nuts in shallow dish; set aside.
- Mix eggs and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- Grease with oil or cooking spray.
- Dip (do not soak) bread slices in egg mixture, one or two at a time, coating both sides evenly.
- Press one side of dipped bread into coconut mixture.
- Cook coconut side of bread first until golden brown, taking care not to scorch coconut.
- Turn; cook other side until golden brown and egg is set.
- Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Serve with warm maple syrup or whipped cream, if desired.
What a nice sweet start to the day, close your eyes, add a gentle warm breeze and you will transported to the Islands. The coconut and macadamia nuts are the prefect crunchy crust for the soft sweet Hawaiian bread. Made as written. Thanks so much for the post.
This was really good. The macadamia nuts (which I so love!) and coconut give it a nice tropical touch, and it dresses up plain French Toast rather nicely. But I had a lot of trouble pefecting the cooking process. With the first, the bread was fine but the nutty topping burned. The second, the nutty layer was toasted nicely but the bread itself was hardly cooked. This is a recipe I'll try a few times so I get it right, because it really is a good recipe. Thanks, Lainey6605. Made for ZWT7, Mischief Makers.
Nice change. Made pretty much as directed, served topped with powdered sugar. Made for ZWT7, Pacific Islands.