the mix'n vix'n's Note:
Mahi Mahi recipe by Joanne Bruno. Pina Colada Salsa from 400 Calorie Fix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets or 2 (6 ounce) other firm white fish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Pina Colada Salsa
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combine all the salsa ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- 3Combine shredded coconut with the panko, macadamia nuts and 3/4 tsp sea salt in a shallow bowl. Combine the coconut milk and soy sauce in another shallow dish. Sprinkle fish on both sides with the remaining 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper. Dip one side of the fish into the milk mixture and then dredge the dipped side into the panko/coconut mixture.
- 4Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish, crust side down, to pan and cook 3 minutes.
- 5Add fish, crust side up, to an 8×8-inch baking or casserole pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- 6Serve with the salsa.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Macadamia Nut-Crusted Mahi Mahi W/ Pina Colada Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.1
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 1886.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 38.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk