Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This one is my husbands recipe. It's considered a "treat" in our house, and he enjoys impressing guests with it.
- 40 ounces halibut steaks
- 14 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 7 ounces plain breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces macadamia nuts
- 2 ounces shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- pre-heat oven to 425.
- combine coconut milk and 1/4 cup of honey in a baking dish.
- marinate halibut in the mixture for 30 minutes or longer.
- in the mean time, place macadamia nuts in food processor until finely crushed.
- combine bread crumbs, macadamia nuts and coconut shavings on a large plate or platter.
- roll halibut steaks in bread crumb mixture, and transfer to a greased baking dish or cookie sheet.
- combine remaining honey and butter in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds (or until liquid).
- drizzle over halibut.
- bake for 15 minutes uncovered, or until cooked through.
Yummy! I didn't drizzle the honey butter mixture on it though. Instead I boiled the marinade, then added the butter to the marinade and made a delicious sauce to pour over top. We served it with pineapple mango salsa, and rice.
Made this tonight for dinner for my mom - LOVED it! So simple, amazingly delicious, and definitely impressed her! The coconut marinade was divine. Pair with mango salsa (the pico de gallo kind) and spinach salad with homemade mango dressing. WOW! Thanks for posting.
Great recipe!! I didn't have any macademia nuts, so I substituted pistachios instead. YUM! Will definately make this again. Thank you.