Recipe by Noni Suzanne
dad...this one's for you! Simple, and virtually no sodium. If you use the organic unsweetened coconut and unsalted butter you'll really only have 26mg of sodium per chicken breast. (the nutrition facts listed is based on sweetened coconut and salted butter). The amount of 1/2 and 1/2 used has 24mg sodium, the amount of sesame seeds used has 1mg sodium, and the amount of flour used has 1mg sodium (per serving).
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup organic unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3 ounces natural unsalted macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in baking dish.
- Stir together sour cream and half and half; put in a gallon ziploc bag.
- Put remaining dry ingredients in a small food processor and chop to desired consistency.
- Place the dry ingredients in a seperate gallon ziploc bag.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breast and dip in ziploc bag of sour cream mixture, then place in nut mixture to coat.
- Place chicken in baking dish and melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over chicken.
- Bake at 350 for approx 35-40 minutes or until chicken is done.
- If a darker crust is desired, place under the broiler for just a minute or two.