Recipe by Witch Doctor
Although pecans or almonds are delicious additions to these cookies, there really is no substitute for the mild, buttery taste of macadamias. They usually cost a little more, but we think they're worth it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped macadamia nuts (or pecans or almonds)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and baking soda; beat till combined. Beat in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Stir in the coconut and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, or till golden brown. Remove cookies and cool on wire racks.