Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a nice lunchbox meal/snack. Very tasty and filling.
- 2 cups semolina
- 1 cup grated tender coconut
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 green chili, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- ghee or oil, to fry
- 1 pinch black pepper, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
- Sieve semolina, sugar and cumin powder together.
- Keep aside.
- In a bowl, put the coconut, onion, ginger, corriander leaves and green chilli, salt and red chilli powder.
- Mix well until the mixture becomes moist.
- Add the sieved semolina into the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the required little amount of water to get a batter of very coarse thick consistency.
- Keep aside to set for 10 minutes.
- Once set, heat a tawa (flat bottomed pan) or griddle on medium flame.
- Pour 1-2 tsps.
- of ghee or oil on it.
- When the ghee or oil is hot, spread 4 big tbsps.
- of batter on it and spread evenly either with a flat spoon or your fingertips.
- Cover with a lid.
- Fry upside down till it's crisp.
- Likewise, repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Serve hot with plain yoghurt (low-fat), garnished on top with black pepper powder and corriander leaves.
- You can also pack this for hubby and baby to take to office and school, respectively.