- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded or flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except Confectioners' sugar and work to form a stiff dough.
- Cut dough into quarters. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a rope about 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Cut ropes into 2 inch long pieces. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a rack to cool. Store airtight in a cool place. May be frozen. Dust with Confectioners' sugar just before serving. Makes about 30 pieces.