Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are like a shortbread cookie.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded or flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Combine all ingredients except Confectioners' sugar and work to form a stiff dough.
- Cut dough into quarters. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a rope about 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Cut ropes into 2 inch long pieces. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a rack to cool. Store airtight in a cool place. May be frozen. Dust with Confectioners' sugar just before serving. Makes about 30 pieces.
not bad for a low sugar cookie
Thank you so much Pansies for sharing this wonderful recipe. The cookies turned out great. Nice light crispy cookies full of coconut and topped with icing sugar. My kind of cookie, I'm in heaven. I mixed the stiff dough by hand, it worked best for me that way.