Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Coconut Lobster & Prawn Kari recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lobster, live
- 450 g shrimp, medium peeled
- 2 limes
- 15 g butter
- 1 onion, small finely chopped
- 9.85 ml gingerroot, fresh peeled and minced
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 9.85 ml Madras curry powder
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 carrot, medium shredded
- 2.46 ml salt
- 60 g snow peas
- 15 g sweet basil, fresh finely chopped
- Cook lobster and dice tail meat.
- Cut the zest from a lime, squeeze juice from the two and keep apart.
- Melt butter in a 3 liter pot at medium heat, add onions and cook 5 minutes stirring often, add ginger, cayenne pepper & Madras curry powder, cook for 30 secs.
- Add coconut milk, carrots, salt, lemon zest and bring to a boil. Add lobster, shrimps, lemon juice and snow peas heating them in the sauce. Remove from heat and mix in sweet basil.
- Serve over Jazmin Rice.