Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cake-like quick bread from TOH 2003 Quick Cooking.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flaked coconut
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 9"x5"x3" loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- (This ends up being a good batter to put pudding mix into, as well, for when you're out of coconut. I've added a small box of butterscotch pudding, and it came out being absolutely delicious.).
This is a very Good recipe. The Flavor is Great! I just feel like it was missing a little something though I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm thinking maby next time I will serve it with some type of topping. I will be making this again! Thanks Missus Jones!