Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Australian Walkabout Inn Bed & Breakfast
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, small flakes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, adding a little flour with the second.
- Fold in remaining flour, coconut, and milk.
- Turn into a greased and floured loaf tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes.
I think something is missing from the recipe. This loaf was about 1 inch high and didnt have much taste to it. We still ate it but it was not what I expected.