Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found in March 2013 Women's Health
- 3 limes, zest of
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted, divided
- 4 (5 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine lime zest, garlic, salt, pepper, and 4 teaspoons coconut oil.
- 2. Coat tilapia fillets with the oil mixture on both sides. Place fillets, two at a time, in the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden and crisp.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss spinach with the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Divide amoung four serving plates with a fillet, and drizzle with lime juice.
Very good and loaded with coconut & lime flavors. The spinach especially tasted good with the lime- who knew that flavors would go well together. A good recipe, and easy to prepare.
This was amazing! The lime zest made the fish crispy like it had been breaded and fried. We made extra and ate all of it in one sitting. The lime on the spinach was very tart. I recommend tasting as you pour the juice. It was very good as well.
Went to Trader Joe's and bought more tilapia. Making it again tonight. First time ever that my husband asked for more fish.