Recipe by greysangel
Someone made these for my holiday cookie swap last year and they are a light, citrusy treat on a heavy buttery tray!
Top Review by snarkycomments
These were indeed sour, much more sour than I expected! I only had unsweetened coconut around, so I tried using that. Next time I'll up the sugar intake a little more. These are such summery bars! They're so light and fresh, and so different from the treats I usually bake.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press crust into ungreased 9 inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix eggs, nuts, brown sugar, and coconut until well blended; spread over baked crust.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes or until set.
- While still warm, loosen the edges with a metal spatula. Mix together the powdered sugar, lime juice, and zest with a fork. Working quickly, spread the lime paste all over the top with a spatula while still warm. Let cool to room temperature and cut into bars.