1/3 Photos of Coconut Lime Shrimp
Recipe Reader's Note:
This is not fried coconut shrimp. It's something very different - it's a little tangy, a little sweet, and a little salty. It's very easy and quick to put together.The prep time does not include marinating time in the refrigerator, so plan a few extra minutes for that. I cooked these on a George Foreman grill (high 4 minutes), and I only used about half of the salt mixture, because we generally don't eat a lot of salt, so use your judgement. Also, if your grated zest is fine enough, you do not need to use a food processor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a grater or zester and zest all the limes and set the zest aside.
- 2Squeeze two of the limes, and combine the juice with coconut milk and the shrimp. Refrigerate for 15 - 30 minutes.
- 3In a food processor, combine the lime zest, salt and pepper. Pulse until blended.
- 4Remove shrimp from marinade, and place on a hot oiled grill, grill pan, or use a skillet. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. While shrimp are still on the grill, squeeze the remaining lime over shrimp.
- 5When shrimp are done, remove from grill and sprinkle with the salt-pepper-lime mixture and the toasted coconut.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Lime Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.1
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 441.7 mg
- Sodium 2320.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 50.7 g