Recipe by Good Looking Cooking
A Thai style dressing to marinate your salmon, then cooked on the barbecue - with a cucumber/mango salad. Serve with steamed rice and a lime wedge. From my local supermarket summer entertaining recipes. Chicken breast fillets can also be substituted. Hubby is allergic to seafood, so this seems like a nice option for me us - salmon for me chicken for him! Note: Note: Prep time does not include marinating time of 30 minutes.
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 bunch coriander, with roots
- 2 long red chilies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 165 ml coconut milk
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, peeled
- 1 large mango
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- steamed rice, to serve
- lime wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: Prep time does not include marinating time of 30 minutes.
- Remove spines from lime leaves and shred finely.
- Wash and finely chop coriander roots, reserve coriander sprigs.
- Combine lime leaves, coriander roots, chilli & coconut milk in a ceramic dish Turn to coat, then cover & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Halve cucumbers lengthways.
- Remove seeds with a teaspoon, finely dice and place in a bowl.
- Remove cheeks from mango, scoop out flesh and dice.
- Add to bowl with cucumber.
- Chop half the reserved coriander sprigs& add to mango/cucumber mix.
- Pre-heat a barbecue plate on high, then grease with oil.
- Remove salmon from marinade & cook skin side up, on plate for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Turn & cook for 2-3 minutes or to your preference.
- Serve salmon with steamed rice, cucumber salad and a lime wedge.