Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the nearest approximation of a drink served by the Saucebox in Portland-very delicious!
Make and share this coconut lime rickey recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces light rum (Malibu is good, extra coconut flavor!)
- 3⁄4 ounce coconut syrup (like the stuff you put into coffee drinks)
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce light cream
- lime wedge
- Add all ingredients together, except the lime wedge, to a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously until blended.
- Or Whizz up in a blender.
- Strain mixture into a cocktail glass.
- Squeeze lime wedge into the drink and toss it in.
This cocktail is a winner! I made exactly as directed, using Malibu rum and half and half. I think I may just have to buy some fat-free half and half so I can make these more often! If you like the taste of cream-cycles, this would be the equivalent taste version in lime. Thanks so much for posting this recipe, scootergirl!