Recipe by Chabear01
This was found on a web site from our local market. I haven't made it yet, but think this will be one of those dessert things my Sweet EddieBear can eat lots of.
Top Review by Michele of Eagan
This was a very good recipe for using up the coconut milk I had left over from another recipe. I did cut the serving size to two servings and it still turned out just fine, not all recipes will turn out when adjusting to a much smaller size. This had real depth of flavor and was so good on a hot summer day. I rarely make desserts; my husband was delighted with this treat. Thanks Charbear01.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 26 ounces light coconut milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest, fresh
- coconut, toasted for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, soak rice for 20 minutes in enough water to cover. Drain and place in a heavy 3 quart saucepan. Add coconut milk, whole milk and sugar and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. (Mixture will thicken as it cools).
- Remove from heat and add lime zest. Serve at Room temperature or chilled, garnished with toasted coconut.