Recipe by AmyZoe
This tastes like dessert to me. Absolutely wonderful flavor. You can't go wrong with coconut and lime. Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com and Karmabelle.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse rice until the water runs clear and drain.
- Heat coconut oil and coconut flakes for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and add the coconut milk, chicken broth, salt, and lime zest.
- Bring to a low boil, then cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and season with pepper.