1/4 Photos of Coconut Lime Rice
A different rice that's delicious with island-type kabobs or other Carribean dishes. I think this will also be good with some pineapple tidbits and/or cherries added. Recipe source: Turtle Bay Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water and coconut in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 2Place a strainer over a small bowl and strain coconut mixture into bowl; reserving liquid, discarding coconut solids. You should have 2 cups coconut milk. Set aside.
- 3In a skillet heat oil and then add rice, stirring over medium heat until rice changes color (7-10 minutes).
- 4Stir in the reserved coconut milk and bring mixture to a boil.
- 5Stir in salt, pepper and lime juice.
- 6Cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- 7Simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Lime Rice
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 355.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g