Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A recipe from the Food Network Kitchens. I will be making it for our Labor Day picnic next week.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened,plus a bit for the pan
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature separated
- 1⁄2 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine salt
- toasted coconut, for garnish (optional)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a 1-quart gratin dish or 8-inch round cake pan and set it in a roasting pan.
- Beat the 2 tablespoons butter with 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl until creamy, using a handheld electric mixer.
- Beat in the flour, then the egg yolks, limeade concentrate, coconut milk, and salt.
- In another medium bowl whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- While whipping, slowly pour in the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and continue beating until the whites hold stiff, glossy peaks.
- Fold a quarter of the whites into the coconut-lime mixture, then fold in the remaining whites.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and add enough boiling water to the roasting pan to come halfway up the side of the dish.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until the top of the pudding cake is slightly puffed and golden.
- Remove from the water bath and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; serve warm.
- Garnish each serving with toasted coconut, if desired.
Oh gosh this is a fantstic dessert Kel we enjoyed this very much! thanks, Kitten:)