Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Creamy and refreshing pie. Garnish with strawberries, mangoes, or your favorite fruit in season.
Make and share this Coconut Lime Custard Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk (regular, not lite)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Adjust rack to lowest level for baking.
- Put all ingredients except the pie shell in a blender. Blend until mixed, and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake for 40 to 45 more minutes or until set. Cool on rack for 30 minutes and refrigerate until cold before cutting.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream, lime peel curls or fruit of your choice.
Wow! I ate this pie the day after, and couldn't believe how CREAMY and smooth it was! I happened to have all the ingredients on hand and gave it a try as I love custard pie, and coconut and lime. I did make a graham crust, and loved the ease of the blender. I blended each egg one at a time. The coconut kind of rises to the top, with a creamy bottom underneath. Definitely use the bottom of the oven as it gets a little brown, and watch if you need to shield the edges. It has great flavor, and I'm sure i'll make it again!
I made this for our 4th of July Celebration. It was easy and turned out great. Instead of a flour pie shell, I used a extra large graham craker crust (store bought). This made it even easier. I will absolutely make this again.