1/2 Photos of Coconut-Lime Cupcakes
These wonderfully moist cakes are loaded with iime flavor. They would make a lovely addition to an Asian menu, a tropical grilled meal or a brunch spread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease 12-cup muffin pan or line with baking cups.
- 3In large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed 5 to 6 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in egg, 1 tablespoon lime peel and 1 teaspoon lime juice.
- 5In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 6At low speed, beat sour cream into butter mixture alternately with flour mixture.
- 7Spoon batter into muffin pan, filling two-thirds full.
- 8Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- 10Remove from pan; cool completely.
- 11In large bowl, beat all frosting ingredients at medium speed until stiff-peaks form.
- 12Spread each cupcake with frosting; sprinkle with coconut.
- 13Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-Lime Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1073 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.5
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 191.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: