Recipe by Lorane Abari
From cooking.com - poach chicken in the coconut milk, lime juice and brown sugar. toss in Romaine lettuce, cabbage and snow peas - use mixture as dressing also.
Top Review by Chef Tweaker
OK so I had to substitute a bunch when making this but I think it has lots of potential. I didn't have enough lime or lemon juice so used mostly lemonade concentrate. I reduced the sugar because of that. Then I didn't have snow peas but after tasting the dressing I thought chopped apple would be tasty. It was... I think raisins would have been good too. My only complaint was that the chicken came out tough. I wasn't dilligent about pulling it out right away though. I didn't think the flavor of the liquid soaked into the chicken either. I'm thinking next time of marinating it in the liquid then baking it in a covered pan with no liquid. I would cook the marinade over the stove to disinfect it first.
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces chicken tenders
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F 2 . Whisk coconut milk, lime juice, sugar and salt in an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish. Transfer 1/4 cup of the dressing to a large bowl; set aside. Place chicken in the baking dish; bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add lettuce, cabbage, snow peas, cilantro and onion to the large bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Divide between 2 plates.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and thinly slice. Arrange the chicken slices on top of the salads. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the coconut cooking liquid over each of the salads.