Raquel Grinnell's Note:
A family recipe from a cook featured on "Calling All Cooks" on the Food Network; I haven't tried these yet but they sound divine and are highly rated by cooks on the FN. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 lb butter or 1/4 lb margarine, plus
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter or 2 1/2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almonds, chopped (or substitute pecans, walnuts or nut of your choice)
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press crust into ungreased 10 by 15-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3Beat eggs in a medium bowl until frothy; add nuts, brown sugar, and coconut and blend well. Spread mixture over baked crust.
- 4Bake an additional 30 minutes or until set.
- 5While still warm, loosen the edges with a metal spatula. Mix together the powdered sugar, lime juice, and zest with a fork. Working quickly, spread the glaze all over the top with a spatula while still warm (Very important! It won't spread easily after it cools. The alternative is to double the glaze). Let cool to room temperature and cut into bars. Cut 11 cuts crosswise and 3 cuts lengthwise.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Lime Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1715 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.8
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 85.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: