I just love these...but I love anything with citrus flavor..the coconut is just a bonus
Make and share this Coconut Lime Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the butter, salt, powdered sugar and 2 cups of flour.
- In a large bowl, mixing to make a soft dough.
- Press evenly into an ungreased 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or golden brown.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, lime zest, sugar and remaining 1/4 cup of flour in a bowl, blend till smooth.
- Spoon over the crust.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the lime mixture.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°.
- Bake for another 25 minutes or until firm.
- Cool on wire rack about 1 hour and then cut into bars.
Hey! these are yum! I convinced my dear mother to make them for us since I was busy right then. I noticed the suggestion to use 1 1/2 c. sugar, which was about perfect for our taste, and she added 3 drops green food coloring for a pretty effect. They tasted so scarfy I'm giving them 5 stars, even though Mom was a bit disappointed that they were a bit hard to lift out of the pan?? I'd have no clue why.
Delicious! The crust was perfect, the filling was just the right consistency, great recipe and even better after a night in the fridge... I made them for a green treat on St. Patty's Day ,so I added some green food coloring and sprinkled with powdered sugar!
Oh my. These were woonnnnderrrrfulllll. The crust was soo flaky....the filling so rich & limey. A smidge sweet for me - maybe I'll only use 1 1/2c sugar next time. A very easy recipe to assemble. Thank you!