Recipe by grandma2969
I just love these...but I love anything with citrus flavor..the coconut is just a bonus
Top Review by ImOnMyWay
Hey! these are yum! I convinced my dear mother to make them for us since I was busy right then. I noticed the suggestion to use 1 1/2 c. sugar, which was about perfect for our taste, and she added 3 drops green food coloring for a pretty effect. They tasted so scarfy I'm giving them 5 stars, even though Mom was a bit disappointed that they were a bit hard to lift out of the pan?? I'd have no clue why.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the butter, salt, powdered sugar and 2 cups of flour.
- In a large bowl, mixing to make a soft dough.
- Press evenly into an ungreased 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or golden brown.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, lime zest, sugar and remaining 1/4 cup of flour in a bowl, blend till smooth.
- Spoon over the crust.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the lime mixture.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°.
- Bake for another 25 minutes or until firm.
- Cool on wire rack about 1 hour and then cut into bars.