Recipe by DailyInspiration
From Food Network Magazine. These delicious pork skewers are served in lettuce leaves with chopped peanuts, scallions and cucumber for topping. Prep time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Made this as written, though I only used the peanuts as topping. Very easy quick recipe. The coconut/lime made for a great flavor for this too. Know that it was a hit, when it is real quiet for dinner, and all the plates are clean.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (plus more for grill)
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro (plus more for topping)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili sauce (Sriracha)
- romaine lettuce leaf, for serving
- chopped roasted peanuts, for topping
- scallion, for topping
- cucumber, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the pork with half of the coconut milk, the vegetable oil, garlic, 1/3 cup each brown sugar and cilantro, and 1 tablespoons each fish sauce, lime juice and Sriracha in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1 - 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium and lightly brush the grates with vegetable oil. Thread the pork onto eight 10-inch skewers. Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally and brushing with the remaining coconut milk, until marked and cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 tablespoons water and the remaining 1 tablespoons each brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and Sriracha in a small bowl. Serve the kebabs in romaine lettuce leaves and drizzle with the sauce. Top with chopped peanuts, scallions, cucumber and cilantro.