Recipe by stormylee
Serve this lovely, smooth soup with croutons. Recipe originally from the Yhteishyva magazine.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Smooth and filling soup. Rather healthy, too. I used a few extra cloves of garlic. The end result was actually way too thick (like pudding), so added extra broth. I was a bit disappointed in the flavor. It was actually a little bland. I think adding some cumin or garam masala would make it work better for me. Thanx for posting!
- 200 ml red lentils
- 3⁄4 inch fresh ginger (2 cm)
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 200 ml coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain lentils.
- Finely chop ginger, onion and garlic clove.
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté chopped ginger, onion and garlic until softened.
- Add turmeric, hot chicken stock, crushed tomatoes and the lentils; bring to boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth and return to the pot (or use a hand-held blender).
- Add coconut milk and heat gently.